We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from us
This Policy forms part of the Darren’s Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
· package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
· clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
· include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
1: Unwanted products
You can return an unwanted product to us, provided:
· it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
· it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
· it is not missing any accessories or parts; and
· you advise us by email within 7 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 7 days, you can only return a product if it is defective.
Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
· a special order item
· all clearance items;
· a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications.
We will collect the product from you at a charge, (normal shipping rates apply). Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Want to exchange?
Fashion and sportswear products can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available. In such a case, we will collect the product from you (normal shipping rates apply) and deliver the requested product to you at no charge. If such variation is not available, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in paragraph 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
2: Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 24 hours of such delivery / collection by email.
We will refund the reasonable courier costs of returning damaged goods via door to door courier to a maximum of R99. We may inspect the goods to confirm that they are defective before we do so. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair / replacement is possible) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product.
3: Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
· faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
· damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
· damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
· damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
· damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; and
· where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.